Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Midterm Reflection

こんにちは、
Midtermはちょっとむずかしいと思いました。でも、テストよりMidtermの方がやさしいです。While I thought the Midterm was hard, it was better than the first test this semester. Unfortunately,  I made a lot of careless spelling and particle errors on the Midterm. While the Midterm overall was not as great as I had hoped, I studied really hard. There was also not a lot of time to finish the long test and I am glad I was able to get through the end (I was rushing on the last section though). I also know I can do better on the final, especially since there will be more time for checking. I will continue to work hard and try my best again this quarter!

Some key areas I need to improve on:
1. Careless mistakes. I need to make sure to check over my spelling and particles in the Dict-a-conversation part.
2. Working on the listening section. In both my test and midterm, my listening section was the weakest. It is still hard for me to catch all the words, especially since they are now spoken at a faster speed. I will continue to practice with the textbook listening activities and going to office hours.
3. Noun modification. In general, plain forms and particles for nouns.
4. Tense. Be sure to account for past tenses.
5. Speed. Get faster at writing.


Some areas I improved on or did well in:
1. Reading comprehension. My speed of reading is very fast too.
2. Particles/Grammar! I finally got this section all correct (first time ever!)
3. Casual speech


I do not know the results of my oral exam yet but I think I also practiced a lot for it and felt fluid speaking. I might have made a small error with "ne" and "yo" (for some reason, it's very instinctive for me to end with ne instead of yo. But overall I think I challenged myself to talk a lot and speak quickly, to use different kinds of grammar and to be accurate with my particles, and to have correct intonation. I liked having the oral after the written part because I felt like the written part prepared me better for the oral.

リリアン・チェン



No comments:

Post a Comment