Monday, March 27, 2017

4th Quarter Goal Revisions


こんばんは!

Here are my revised goals from spring semester:
  1. Go to Sato-sensee's office hours twice a week. さとう先生のオフィスに火曜日と木曜日に行きましょう。
  2. Go to Shibata-sensee's office hours once a week to review Thursday's PE shadowing assignment + practice speaking. 
  3. Write in blog two times a week to practice/review the Japanese we learned in class (ie. grammar, vocab, sayings, etc).
  4. Go to Japanese Table once a month
  5. Review past Japanese grammar/vocabulary on weekends.
  6. *optional* Learn about famous Japanese locations/ monuments
While I did a good job to go to office hours twice a week with さとう先生 and sometimes once a week with しばた先生, I think some of my other goals were a bit lofty.

I was able to continuously post in my blog, although not always twice a week. Some weeks had more posts while some weeks had none. I will continue to make an effort to post twice a week because it is very fun and good practice to do so. 

I also will try to stick to a new goal of going to 日本語ターブル once a month.

I will have to drop my goal of listening to Japanese podcasts. While I will continue to listen to the soundtracks of きみにのなわ and Miyazaki's films in my free time, I will have to find more effective ways of practicing listening and speaking, like doing the workbook listening activities when I review on weekends. I will also have to shorten my review sessions on weekends. 

I've also added a goal of researching famous Japanese locations/monuments. I want to do this culture activity because I want to create vector graphics of these places on Illustrator (since I am trying to improve my skills in Illustrator as well). I think this would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment